Can be just plain depressing. Hello again daily workouts, salads and yogurt. Goodbye brunch, sleeping in and Netflix marathons. Below are five things I do to prep for the week ahead that make my Sunday nights a bit more bearable.
- Pursue the Passion: Spending time doing what you love throughout the weekend and weekday mornings is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Without your dreams and hobbies, each day can seem like an endless loop of eat, work, sleep and repeat. Whether it be blogging, reading or music, feed your soul first and heading to the office will be all that much easier (and fulfilling!)
- Care for the Bod: Sundays I sleep later and eat a little extra well, typically almost all raw fruits and vegetables with a probiotic. I try to get in an extra long workout to start the week on a high note feeling detoxed, refreshed and ready to take on whatever is headed my way.
- Prep that Purse: The less I have to do when the alarm goes off at 5:30 on Monday morning the better. My Monday outfit is already hanging, most likely I’ve slept in the first layer of my gym clothes, my bags have been cleaned out and organized and my planner has all necessary lists, goals and appointments neatly noted. Fail to plan and…you know the rest.
- Look ahead. I review my calendar for the next day, mentally preparing myself for meetings, client calls and events following my workday. This ensures I don’t forget any of the essentials and allows me to sleep soundly knowing all of my bases have been covered.
- Stay Social. As my blog posts have been written and scheduled, so are my tweets for the week. One less task during the week is always a win in my book however I don’t typically schedule my Instagram. Not one to be perfectly curated, I find it more authentic to post as things pop up and inspiration strikes (though I always stagger when I shoot and when I actually post.)
There are at least ten other things I always do at the close of each weekend but I’m more interested in you. What do you do to set yourself up for success before the week begins?